Vern's Verbal Vibe

Singer-songwriter/multi-instrumentalist and purveyor of folk 'n' roll: spirit-filled sad songs made better.

October 07, 2008

Update: A Vote, Yes ... for No One

So, last night I trundled up to my local advance poll to vote for none of the above. After a half-hour wait in line that quelled any concerns of participatory democracy losing its sheen, I marked my ballot thus:

BALLOT DELIBERATELY LEFT BLANK.
NONE OF THESE CANDIDATES REPRESENT MY INTERESTS.
PLEASE RECORD AS A PROTEST VOTE.

A Canadian federal ballot contains precious little white space, precisely in order to discourage such shenanigans. I crammed my message into the tiny area surrounding the first name (a Communist, if I recall), knowing full well that my efforts count only as another spoiled ballot.

Labels: , ,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home