Vern's Verbal Vibe

Singer-songwriter/multi-instrumentalist and purveyor of folk 'n' roll: spirit-filled sad songs made better.

February 11, 2006

Tag Results

Having been tagged by Jamie (thanks, Jamie!), I offer the following humble answers to this humble set of questions. (For entertainment purposes only. Void where prohibited. This offer not valid in combination with any other.)

When you were little, what were three things you wanted to be when you grew up?

I don't recall having any occupational dreams whatsoever until I was sixteen (at least). In order from there, they are ...
  • mathematician
  • sociologist
  • rock musician
You can live one day over again from your childhood. What day will it be?

  • That summer afternoon in '71 when I sat in my backyard and heard the sounds of Three Dog Night wafting over from Borough of York Stadium.
You have two minutes (and a mover if you need heavy lifting help!) to grab five things from your home before it morphs into a polka-dotted hobgoblin and hops away. What will you take? (Food, drink, family, friends, and pets excluded!)
  • photo of my beloved
  • bed
  • entire CD collection ... and we'd need the movers for that, yes
  • computer ... which conveniently includes a CD player
  • short-wave radio
You have to paint one quote on your kitchen wall. What's it going to be?
  • "Sign me up as a diplomat, my only office is the park" - Paul Kantner, 1970
Which three things do you want to accomplish by the end of this year?
  • Finish my book
  • Submit the manuscript
  • Sign a juicy deal
You are moving to the moon for one year and can only bring one flower with you. What kind will you bring?
  • Whatever flower my lone house plant is (I've no idea). Actually, no: I'm trading in the house plant for three more books (see below).
You just received word that aside from one flower, you can also bring five books with you too! (And I'm going to sneak a pen with me.) Your choices?
  • The New London Property Guide 04/05
  • The 12 Steps—A Way Out
  • The Canadian Writer's Guide
  • Psychotic Reactions and Carburetor Dung, Lester Bangs
  • Zen: Merging of East and West, Roshi Philip Kapleau
And my three bonus choices for chucking the flower:
  • Pronoia Is the Antidote for Paranoia, Rob Brezsny
  • Passport to World Band Radio
  • a blank journal


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home